Youth Empowerment & Breaking Intergenerational Poverty
Young people are a driving force for social change. Their courage, leadership and creativity propel our society forward, and empowering youth will help shape a more equitable future.
This live webinar convened a powerhouse panel of brilliant scholars, changemakers, and community leaders to:
- Discover the most effective method towards sustainable social change for young kids and youth
- Learn how nonprofits and communities are investing in youth’s experience and innovation and its benefits;
- Deeper look into how investing in youth empowerment can break the cycle of poverty; and
- Find out how you can help support the next generation of leaders
The panel was moderated by Jenn Taylor-Skinner, Host of The Electorette Podcast, alongside a panel including:
- Nisha Dhawan, Country Director, EMpower India
- Magdalena (Magda) Fulton, Managing Director of Youth Economic Integrated Opportunities, Save the Children
- Fardosa Hussein, Comic Relief US Youth Advisory Council Member, Documentary Photographer, and Filmmaker based in Somalia
- Brittany Reyes, Sister Sol Coordinator, Brotherhood Sister Sol
This event also included a special video from Arianna Williams, a youth activist and member of the Brotherhood Sister Sol, and an introduction from Alison Moore, CEO of Comic Relief US.