6 Tips for a Successful Pickleball Fundraiser
Calling all pickleballers!
Put down your red nose, pick up a paddle and join Comic Relief US’ Paddles for Purpose fundraiser. The money you raise helps children and families stay safe, whether that’s giving kids a place to call home or helping them when disaster strikes.
It’s easy to get started. Just set up a fundraiser, dedicate your play and rally your friends and family to support you! We'll provide you with everything you need to get started, plus fun rules for creating your own game, and tips to help you meet your fundraising goal.
You don’t have to be a pickleball pro to join in — but we can’t think of a better reason to hit the courts and play the fastest growing sport in the country.
Let’s Dink and Rally for Children’s Safety
Ready to get started? Sign up at the Paddles for Purpose page and then follow these simple steps to fundraise like a pro!
- Create your own personal fundraising page: Like we said, it’s easy. Creating your page through Comic Relief is simple and makes it and fun for your friends and family to get involved and donate. Just share the link to your personal page via social media, email and text – and you’re on your way.
- Set fundraising goals: How much will you raise? Set weekly goals to keep yourself motivated. You can even get creative and spark a little friendly competition among your fellow fundraisers by crowning a winner each week.
- Make a donation: Nothing says you believe in your cause like making the first donation! And any amount will do. People want to see that you’ve got some skin in the game, so get the ball rolling.
- Make donating easy: Yes, cash and check donations are always welcome. But you can also consider apps and websites, since they offer a quick, trouble-free way to donate. Venmo and Paypal are two popular platforms that make collecting donations simple. Learn how to sign up for a Venmo account or a PayPal account.
- Have fun with it: Reach out to family, co-workers, friends, and neighbors for their support and tell them why you’re fundraising for Comic Relief. Use your social media pages to give updates on your fundraising efforts and thank those who have donated. People want to be along for the ride and celebrate your progress with you – especially if they’ve helped you reach milestones! Head to the Paddles for Purpose fundraising site to get inspiring stories and stats to share and rally support.
- Keep your followers motivated: It’s a FUNdraiser, so get creative with your play! Want to reach $500? Promise your supporters that you’ll play in a tutu! Get to $1,000? Play in a scuba mask! Be sure to take pictures and share!
And of course, remember to thank your supporters after they donate and when you reach your goal. After all, you couldn’t do this without them!
For more pickleball fun and to stay in the know, follow us on Instagram!